What ever happened to the win/mac editor, and can SYNTHOR be ran in a virtual machine for creating patches?

Have a few questions about software, did the windows/mac software patch editor ever get released/if not is there a plan to release it at some point? In the same vein, can SYNTHOR be ran in a virtual machine for creating patches? Would love to be able to edit patches when I am not able to be near my rack.

I believe the editor was part of the mSSP kickstarter campaign, which ultimately did not get sufficient backing - so I guess was put on the back burner.

there is no way to run synthor in a virtual machine (or anything other than on the SSP itself).
whilst you could possibly get it to run in an arm vm, or on something like a rPI, it wouldn’t be useful, since there would be no way to connect an audio interface, or connect any kind of control to the encoders.

I guess with both its possible percussa could make these possible, but neither are trivial, so not sure how many of us would not prefer that dev effort being on the SSP itself? (Im sure there are users in both camps :slight_smile: )

Gotcha, that makes sense :slight_smile: I definitely think it would be nice to have if it was easy to implement, but I would much rather the dev time be focused on SSP features :slight_smile: