Routing to multiple Env

I’m having trouble figuring out how to Route the output of one module (in this case an IN) to multiple different Envelopes, I can’t see anything differentiating the envelopes within the SSP.
Please help this smooth brain out.

first off you are 100% correct :slight_smile:

if you connect one module to multiple modules of the same type , then when you connect an outlet to an inlet, it will connect to all modules with that input enabled. (*)

the technique to combat this is to use the BUS module.
basically you connect IN to one BUS module, and then you can connect multiple BUS modules to ENV objects.

e.g.
IN 1, 2, 3, 4 -> BUS 1, 2, 3,4
BUS 1 -> ENV(1)
BUS 2 -> ENV(2)
BUS 3 -> ENV(3)
BUS 4 -> ENV(4)

one interesting side note is this is why ‘quad’ modules can be useful on the SSP.
imagine a quad ENV module
IN 1, 2, 3, 4 -> ENV gate1, gate2, gate3, gate4

(*) this is a good reason to not enabled an input unless you want to use it.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense, I’ll experiment with this.

2 Likes

Seems like the module NAME is used for this, eh? I just installed @thetechnobear’s DATA module and had some preconfigured routings in one of my presets, because the SCP module used to be called DATA! (Before it realised that was a bit ambitious)

yeah, module name has to be unique, and then (iirc from testing ) it connects based on inlet position rather than name. (not sure if this is only true of vsts or generally)
this is why i try not to change inlet/outlet position, just adding new ones to the end.