I apologize for the delay in responding to this recurring topic. I aim to have this reply stand as quasi-final and rather authoritative if there is nothing new to add in the coming months.
Bert and I had a lengthy discussion on this matter; a discussion that brought me up to speed on Percussa’s view. It is a view that I find to be reasonable. Our discussion was well over a week ago. However, I’ve been very busy with some deadlines and haven’t been able to write this nor post it for some time.
There is much to this discussion that I think frames matters well but are simply not needed to be brought in at this time as they would be diversions from the core facts, as explained to me by Bert.
• There will be a Looper module. The scope of what an SSP Looper will be, do, and provide will be entirely up to Bert and Celine.
• The term “Looper” is undefined and near-infinitely extensible to hold any number of dreams, wishes, features, and whatnot that a person can imagine.
• “Feature Creep” is certainly a real thing in any development and the SSP has already delivered FAR more than was ever promised, including the 3 Stretch Goals; about which, I’ll delve into now:
Additions to the stretch goals that were delivered:
- This forum. This forum was created, hosted and launched at the request of a specific user and championed by a few supporters.
- MPE as 1st stretch goals and then many additional user requests implemented.
- 2nd and 3rd stretch goals: Bitcrusher, Sampler, Grain Delay, and all of the advanced modules that were voted upon by supporters were implemented and then enhanced beyond their original scopes.
- The Sampler alone received 4 major upgrades that were user-requests and were beyond the original scope of the module; scrubbing being one for the more major complexities to be incorporated.
- USB audio I/O and then increased to Multi-channel. Also well beyond original scope and at user request.
All of these things cost resources in time, money, and more.
The Looper will come. The delivery date, features, implementation and interface will be at SSP’s discretion.
There is much going on due to current events that are also demanding time and attention. Again, there is more than this but I find the above sufficient.
Although open dialog is encouraged here and on the Muffwiggler forum, falsehoods will not be tolerated, nor will manipulative, nor coercionary, nor emotional tactics.