The latest update, which you are on, implemented a new pitch calculation algorithm and the way this applies to the oscillators’ pitches. With that, some of the Presets need a tweak to make them work correctly again (the Presets were not updated). I found that all oscillator pitch frequencies need to be set to a non-null value such as 440 Hz. Most of them are set to 0Hz in the Presets. Since you’re new to the SSP:
- After selecting a Preset in the Global page, Click on the N button to go to the Network page.
- With the red cursor buttons highlight the WTO module.
- Press the P button (on the right) to take you the module’s parameters
- Adjust the frequency to 440Hz with the Coarse knob (second encoder)
- Go back to the network page and repeat for oscillators 2-7
Another thing you may have experienced is MPE/non-MPE behaviour.
The MIDI input module in Preset new24 seems to be configured for MPE controllers with Channels 2- 16 enabled but MIDI Channel 1 disabled. You can see this when you go into the P page of the MIDI module. If your MIDI controller happens be transmitting on Channel 1 you will not hear a thing.
As far as I can tell, Preset 0 - 8vwto and Preset 24 new24 are identical except for their MIDI Channel allocation. 8vwto is set up as omni channel (listens to MIDI Channels 1-16), whereas 24 seems to be MPE ready.
Welcome on board and hope the above gets you on your way