I am trying to do the following:
- I have a patch with two independent sound generating sections.
- Each of these has its own ENV module to control the sounds’ volume
- I have a single step sequencer where I am using the two Gate tracks
- I want Gate 1 to control one ENV - lets call this ENV1
- I want Gate 2 to control the other ENV - lets call this ENV2
The problem I encounter occurs when patching. In the patch output column for the Step Sequencer I only see a single entry G1: ENV Gate, and another entry G2: ENV Gate. I cannot distinguish between the two ENV modules (ENV1 and ENV2) and there is only one ENV Gate target for all of STE’s outputs. When I do patch either of the Gate Step Sequencer Outputs, it gets routed to both ENV modules.
STE Gate 1 triggers both ENV1 and ENV 2 and STE Gate 2 triggers both ENV1 and ENV2.
What I would like is Gate 1 to only trigger ENV1 and Gate 2 to only trigger ENV2.
I am not sure whether this is a bug, works as intended or I am doing something wrong here. A workaround is to create a separate STE module for each envelope (ENV) but I was hoping to use a single STE module here.
Apologies for the wordy explanation and thanks for your help