-/+ Page soft-keys only visible if # of Parameters available require them to be

Description of feature (short and simple):

the -/+ Page options visible only as required depending on the parameters available so there’s no guessing or unneeded navigation

I feel like this would cut down on some GUI confusion as at first I thought I had crashed it and wasn’t sure what was going on (I was in an empty void having pressed page up 4 times)

as an example. I loaded up a comb. If I go to the P menu… there’s the page up/down menu available even though there’s only 1 page of parameters. If I press the either Page up or down… the GUI allows me to cycle between 7 additional blank areas before returning to Damp Feedback and Delay Parameters.

So having the page +/- soft options showing up only as needed (i.e.: if there was more than 1 page of tweakable parameters) would make the GUI even more lean and mean! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, we know :slight_smile: This is how it is implemented right now: every module/menu has 8 pages. Because of the architecture of the code this is not something which we can change very easily. This was also reported by someone else on the forum, so I think we will probably change this in the near future.

2 Likes

This is now fixed in software update 15072018. The number of pages per module are now limited, such that we don’t show “blank pages” anymore. We will also implement this restriction for the menus.

3 Likes

This is seriously fantastic. Now there’s no chance of being lost in empty page limbo not knowing what’s happening. My only additional suggestion: if there’s only a single a page of parameters, the page +/- should not be visible at all.

3 Likes