LFO Tile idea

Is there any thoughts on making a near duplicate tile and calling it LFO and offering only below audio rate frequencies of < 20Hz?

As it stands, the LFO tile is more like a traditional oscillator. As it’s totally useable for this with all the provided traditional waveforms, why not remame this tile “OSC” and offer a Sync Input?

Then If building some more tradiitonal synth voices, a larger patch will visually makes more sense seeing a bunch of OSC tiles and an LFO tile (etc).

3 Likes

ok, why not simply rename the lfo to osc then and add a sync input?

what is the benefit of having 2 seperate modules?

1 Like

just from a sake of clarity if you have a massive patch, differentiating between a sound source and modulation source at a glance.

What could differentiate the LFO from the OSC even further could be options like like delay, reset etc.

ok, i see what you mean, it does make sense to do it

1 Like

i def like the Sync input suggested ; def jam!

i’ll add a sync input at the same time when i work on this.

2 Likes

+1 @NeilParfitt

I’ve asked for this before and it’s good to see other people asking for this functionality. Having a true LFO would give us the ability to slowly scrub through sounds in both the grain and sample modules.
:grinning:

3 Likes

Any chance we could also have a PWM option for the square wave LFO/OSC?

1 Like

yes, sure, i’ll do this at the same time, at least for the square wave output

2 Likes

I still would love a PWM square wave option somehow! I’ve looked around and haven’t found a suitable PWM wavetable file to use. I’m hoping this feature may still get added to the LFO module, or I’d gladly take pointers on where to get a good PWM wavetable.

1 Like

yes, I will add a PWM input. I’ll do this together with other features I plan to add. The module has a sync and phase input already, not sure if you’ve played with those?

for WT collections check out these

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/synths/ppg/wtbwave.htm

1 Like