Features and improvements

1. Re parameter values: Is it possible to reconfigure parameter value sliders to not jump from max to min value and from min to max instantly when hitting the limits of parameter value? This makes it a bit fiddly to quickly move around the network grid and sometimes when tweaking parameters of modules such as lfo it produces unwanted jumps in values, for example speed of lfo can accidentally go from very slow to super fast. Also it would be nice if in the grid the vertical movement wouldn’t jump through, so if I quickly turn knob 2 I am sure I will be in the top part of the network grid, same applies to if I move knob 2 down then I will move to the bottom part of the grid. Horizontal movement could be left the same because there are 16 pages, but vertical movement doesn’t need to jump continuously when scrolling as there are only 2 slots in the grid. This would make live usability better and make this process less fiddly.

2. Re cut/copy/paste: it would be great to be able to do these functions when building patches that involve repetitive building structures.

3. Re global control: I was thinking that it would be nice to have some sort of global controls, for example in the wavetable 4 voice patch, it takes long time to change the wave tables because I have to enter each wavetable osc and switch it manually. Would be great to just do it once and it changes across all oscillators. I am not sure exactly how to do this, but just an idea.

4. Ability to save and recall parts of patches, something similar to ER301 chains. For example if i want to drop a simple wavetable osc --> SVF --> AMP<-- ENV, or for example an input module that is set up to send data from a specific midi controller. This would really speed up the workflow.

5. Ability to record samples by using a threshold detector, this means that you dont have to touch percussa to start a recording of something, especially useful for 1 shot sampling.

6. Ability to mute or bypass modules in the network grid.

7. Reduce the latency when triggering samples or modules like envelopes using external sequencers.

3 Likes
  1. a reset switch / button would be lovely
    a inc(rease)/dec(rease) pair of buttons would be handy, so you could change the value of the chosen
    encoder/value by -1/+1 (-.001/+.001 resp.)
    turning the encoder(s) really slowly doesn’t really slow down the input/change of parameter ; it is very difficult, if
    not impossible to reach 0 (as noted above)

2. ‘all’ my OLED eurorack modules have a screensaver implemented - how long can you display the same
    screen safe?

2 - Great idea. Could work in tandem with 4.

4 - This sounds good. It would kind of be like patch templates. Very very handy for bigger patches! Depending on how this is done, it could also take care of copy and paste. Although I think a clipboard like feature would be really nice. You could set up a part of a patch, and then after dialing it all in, copy it, and then paste it as many times as you’d need.

6 - I think this would be difficult, especially if that module has outputs and inputs that other modules are dependent on. I think the easiest way to do this would just be a button that would temporarily remove all connections incoming and outgoing. Then when you push it again it would restore those connections. It would be on the user to be aware of how this would affect their patch. A lot of moving parts on this one.

2 Likes
  1. maybe a simple (assignable?) mute button per page? = extra play-ability - in complex presets could be handy to solo or mute a layer/page to pinpoint certain sounds

Some form of encapsulation would be handy. Take several modules and collapse them into a new one, and in the process choose which of the submodules parameters should be surfaced as ins and outs for the higher order module.

ER-301 calls this concept a “custom unit”.

Would really love a more efficient way to build polyphonic voices. Rather than duplicating entire patches for each voice, would be far preferable to have a “number of voices” parameter on patches (or subpatches, whatever this new grouping concept would be called).

+1 to all of these feature requests.

Yes, there is already an option “RT MM” in the global menu on page 3 . When this option is enabled values will not jump anymore form min to max or max to min. It is a global setting so it is applied on all parameter values.

Yes, good point. It was already on our list, but so far we didn’t have the time yet to implement this.

This problem should be fixed when we implement the copy/paste feature in the network grid.

1 Like

On the network grid we have a button “clear”. It basically removes all enabled inputs/outputs of the selected module. This way you could easily “mute” the module without having it to remove/delete from the network, but there is no “undo” button at the moment. So, this means you’ll have to manually enable the inputs/outputs again for that module.

We do have a “Def Rst” option which basically enables the default inputs/outputs of a module. For example, when you select an LFO press “clear”, and then “Def Rst” it will enable the default output of an LFO (output:input).

1 Like

I was never a fan of using encoders to navigate and to this day I just use the cursor keys to navigate. You can do the same.

Haha, I love encoder grid movement. Especially when dealing with large patches. If you are just moving between a few modules the arrow keys can be more efficient for sure.

I’ve thought about making a copy/paste function to copy settings between wavetable oscillators. So you set one up, you hit copy, then you go to the other wavetable oscillators and each time press paste.

2 Likes

If you enable “RT MM” in the global menu page 3 (see my previous reply about jumping min/max max/min), this should fix your problem.

1 Like

One way to do this is to give the user the option of storing a 2x4 page in a seperate file and then be able to insert that when you make a preset. You would not be able to edit that 2x4 section after inserting it in your preset. Perhaps this can be done by creating a preset and saving it and you put the 2x4 reusable block on page 1. I have to think about this more but I think it can be done.

1 Like

This migt be covered by the looper module that is planned. Like you have a gate input and you use that to start/stop recording. The recorder page in the SSP is really more intended to be a full blown recorder/sampler screen so adding CV control there will be harder to do and will clutter the user interface.

Can you explain in what scenario you need this?

Your missed trigger / latency problem might be due to you not having loaded samples in the 8 slots of the sampler module and then using various trigger levels triggering empty slots.

maybe this should be posted as a bug (include a link to this thread if you do)

if you display scopes like on the input module, that would cover it?