9th SSP video

[a08]
Live performance using modular synth (w/ CV Tools)

It is the 9th work that focuses on the atmosphere.
In this work, I used 10 Rngs. (Thank you @thetechnobear)

All sound sources come from SSP. (Rngs Resonators(+sampler for ‘audio in’), Granulars)
All events come from two Teletypes. (+PNW)
Pamela’s NEW Workout is the master clock.
All controls were done with the TXi. (+SSP & Teletypes)

Modular System <- SSP -> CV Tools

CV Tools receives the teletype trigger/CV signals through the interface of the SSP. And those signals control Max for Live patches I made and AL effects in real time.

Thanks for watching.

(:headphones:If you listen to it with earphones or headphones, you can enjoy the stereo imaging.:headphones:)

6 Likes

Beautiful @MOTOKO, I really look forward to seeing these works popping up on my instagram and youtube feed!

I love the sounds and textures you make, and also its beautifully filmed and lit.

I’m intrigued to know more about how you make these…
what role does your max 4 live patches have?
what events are the TT generating… is this generative notes/melodies?
what kind of techniques do you use for generation of patterns?

perhaps I shouldn’t look behind curtain, in fear to loosing the magic -
in the other hand, Im sure I’ll just appreciate it even more :slight_smile:

anyways, great job - thanks for sharing with us.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment!
Thanks to the Rngs you developed, I was able to do interesting sound experiments.

The M4L patches I made play a role in controlling the effects of AL. There are slightly different patches for each, including creating and scoping some options, such as random, fixed, and customizing.

I’m creating a virtual trigger input on the M4L patch to control the signals coming from the modular system in real time.

PNW -> TT -> SSP -> CV Tools -> M4L input -> AL effects

Events that occur on TT seem to vary from task to task. By default, the trigger signal is being emitted. CV Out uses the granularity of the voltage. In TT, you can set 1v by subdividing it into 100. These CVs are used for many purposes, such as controlling the pitch of SSP modules, modularizing the point of the sampler start, length, etc., or modularizing the gradation of the granular. and so on.

I’m writing a script with TT that doesn’t use a set pattern, like a grid, but rather allows me to control it probabilistically.

I’m worried about the explanation and ‘translation’, but I’m working on it like this anyway.

Now I’m going to have to test the Clds in earnest.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As someone who has had the SSP less than a week, your videos were one of the reasons I decided to finally buy it. I think you demonstrate its potential so well. I think it is so helpful also to hear an explanation of how a certain patch works. The SSP is very deep and I think seeing how others more expert with it have done something is so educational. I hope you will continue to post your SSP videos, and at least one beginner would love to read more of how you make them.

3 Likes

thanks so much for your continued excellent demos and explanations about your SSP patches!

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. SSP is already very good, but I think it has greater potential. It’s a happy thing for me to see more SSP users. I hope you have a great time with SSP. I will also upload the work steadily. I can’t guarantee it, but I’ll explain more about the work as much as possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, Bert! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like